I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Chapter 2: 6th Form

Hello again you guys,

I am currently 1 of 2 people in the common room right now enjoying a free period, I have quite a few of these on Wednesdays, so I thought, as I've got some free time right now, I'll write about 6th Form.

6th form is a great place, you feel so grown up yet you are having such a fun time.

Firstly, the common room, right now, it's a very quiet place...but it really comes to life during break and lunch or when lots of people are on free periods. There'll be chats from about 3 friendship groups going on at once, a card game of some description, whether it be Uno (a popular choice) or something as basic as snap, it really gives a sense of enjoyment to what once was 'That boring school that you had to go to everyday'.

Our Kitchen Area
If you're not talking or playing cards, chances are, you'll be making food in our little kitchen area...The kettles provide perfect facilities for pot noodles, or cups of tea and the microwave has cooked a whole host of different microwavable meals and snacks, from porridge, to curry, to pasta to burgers.

The Mug Store
Our fridge is currently home to a box of cornflakes, some frankfurters, a jar of homemade jam and all sorts of other supplies...and the worktop holds jars of coffee, hot chocolate powder and roughly 460 teabags, our mug store is home to 40+ mugs so as you can tell, we enjoy a good hot beverage.

As for 'uniform', as long as you look remotely smart, it's fine...my everyday outfit is a pair of black suede style shoes, a pair of black jeans, either a fun t-shirt or a smart shirt (today I'm wearing a blue t-shirt that is printed with the words 'This is what awesome looks like') and I finish it off with a badge-clad grey blazer.

For subjects, everything seems so relaxed and grown up...I'll start with geography, any lesson that allows you to take along a cup of tea is a good lesson, we even repay the favour by taking one for our teacher too.

*I'll continue this when I return from my drama lesson which is starting now-ish*

Ok back from Drama, where was I, yes, subjects...You're treated so much better and everything is so much enjoyable because you are doing the subjects you want to do, the ones you have a passion for which is so much better than having those few subjects that you can't stand at least once a day.

And free periods, like these ones, are lovely, you get time to study and do homework and just relax...On Wednesdays I have one lesson out of a possible 6, which lends itself to almost too much free time.

Anyway, that is about all I've got to say about 6th form so I'm going to go and have a Sweet & Sour pot noodle.
Our Friendship Group
From Bottom Left:
Nick, Aaron, Ida, Darcy, Me, Annabel, Niall, James,
Alex, Jack, Georgia, Harry, Sam, Kai, Maddi


Goodbye, see you next time
Lots of Love,
Mitch xxx

2 comments:

  1. Mitch I am hurt you took a picture without me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few people missing from that photo, don't take it personally

      Delete