I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 28 February 2016

Chapter 50: Leap Years

Hi Guys,

This week on YouTube, I gave you some suggestions of what to do on the leap day tomorrow: See that here:


On the blog I thought I would tell you why a leap day/year is a thing, so here we go:

A Leap Year is a year, occurring once every four years, which has 366 days including 29 February as an intercalary day. This happens because a complete orbit of the earth around the sun takes exactly 365.2422 days to complete, but the Gregorian calendar uses 365 days. So leap seconds, leap days and leap years are added as means of keeping our clocks (and calendars) in sync with the Earth and its seasons.

and that is why we have leap years.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Leap,
And Goodbye.

Mitch xx

P.S. At the end of the video you would have seen we saying that next weeks video is a special one, that is because it is celebrating 1 whole year of 'Dear...' Videos, look out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment