I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 14 August 2016

Chapter 91: Ventnor Fringe

Hey Guys,

So, This week, I kinda vlogged some of Ventnor fringe (And the Cowes Week Fireworks), see that here:




This week I thought I'd talk to you about what the Ventnor Fringe is, and what I did there this year.

Ventnor Fringe is the Island's answer to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, it gives local musicians, actors, dancer, artist and spoken word performers (amongst others) to perform to an audience, to test material, to sell their product and to showcase their completed work, it also attracts bigger names.

This year, I wasn't a performer but I was in fact doing the tech for Olly Fry's show, 'I, Hooky' which you can see some of in this weeks video. I also got the chance to see a music set from Tim Arnold, an ex-contestant on The Voice UK and an established musician in his own right, also known as The Soho Hobo and good friends with Ricky Wilson and Iggy Pop and an ex-partner to Eastenders' Jessie Wallace, it was a great gig and he was supported by two island artists so there was a nice mix of sounds, I also got to meet him afterwards which was pretty cool, got a selfie and my album signed. I also had the opportunity to meet my friend Andrew who recently published his own anthology, which I am now the owner of (and it's signed) - You can see some of his stuff on his blog Here.

In addition to The Ventnor Fringe, this week was also Cowes Week, The worlds largest sailing event, it's been great seeing lots of my friends and spending lots of time at the beach, I also got to meet Nick Knowles from DIY:SOS, lots of the National Lottery games and Perfection which was really nice. The fireworks at the end of the video were from the Annual Cowes Week Display.

All in all this week has been really cool and I'm looking forward to getting back to work again soon.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Watch Something Live,
And Goodbye.

Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment