I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 4 September 2016

Chapter 95: Gene Wilder, A Legend

Hey Guys,

So this week I paid tribute to the absolute legend Gene Wilder after his passing on Monday by singing 'Pure Imagination' from 'Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory':

Today I thought I write about how Gene Wilder managed to escape my Heroes/Inspirations list two weeks ago .

It's important to note that it would be impossible to list everyone that I classed as a hero or inspiration onto that list, and also that there is a difference between favourite celebrities and heroes or inspirations.

Since uploading that video/blog post, I have remembered many people that could and should be on the list as well as those that I think I just really like as opposed to them being my heroes, these people include:

Gene Wilder
Robbie Williams
John Lennon
Sam & Mark
David Tennant
Paddy McGuinness
Rob Brydon
Rhett & Link
Dick & Dom
Jason Manford
Peter Dickson
David Walliams

All of these people have influenced me (as well as those on the original list) but may or may not count as heroes or inspirations where the others do. The list that was in the video took me a while to sculpt as I really wanted it to be right, people like Robbie Williams and David Tennant were actually on the list at one point but were swapped out for those who I felt were more of heroes and inspirations to me (Gary Barlow and Ricky Gervais respectively).

I think it's important to realise that the term 'hero' or 'inspiration' can not and should not be thrown around all over the place, and it should be remembered that you can be influenced by someone or be a fan of someone without them necessarily being your hero, and someone can be a hero/inspiration without directly influencing you (E.g. Eddie the Eagle has not at all influenced me to become a ski jumper, but his persistence has influenced me)

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Miss A Legend,
And Goodbye.

Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment