I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 4 April 2016

Chapter 58: The British Soap Awards

Hey Guys,

Ok, so in October & January you'll remember that I told you I love awards ceremonies and I voted for the NTAs, well, another awards show is slowly approaching and the voting has opened today for the British Soap Awards.

According to the website 'Britain’s soaps are the biggest and boldest shows on TV' which I would have to agree with. Now, my favourite soap is Eastenders and recently that has been the only one that I watch regularly, I occasionally dip into Coronation Street & Emmerdale and I do not watch Hollyoaks & Doctors, therefore, you can presume that my votes will mostly(if not all) go to Eastenders which I think would be deserving as they have had a massive year for story lines & characters...but let's get started.

To make it easier for me to write, and you to read, I will not list all the nominees, only those from Eastenders. Coronation Street & Emmerdale (unless for some reason I would rather vote for a Hollyoak/Doctor)

*The way this will work is, I will give the name of the award, with the nominations from Eastenders, Coronation Street & Emmerdale...I will then pick one from each soap and say why, and then one overall.*

Best Actor

Nominations: 
From Eastenders: Danny Dyer, James Bye, Davood Ghadami
From Coronation Street: Alan Halsall, Ben Price, Jack P. Shepherd
From Emmerdale: John Middleton, Danny Miller, Dominic brunt

Eastenders: Davood Ghadami as Kush Kazemi - by far the best actor of the 3, has had tough stories.
Coronation Street: Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs - Very good Actor, had some good storylines
Emmerdale: Dominic Brunt as Paddy Kirk - Great character who has recently had some big storylines

My Nomination - Davood Ghadami as Kush Kazemi

Best Actress

Nominations: 
From Eastenders: Lacey Turner, Diane Parish, Rakhee Thakrar
From Coronation Street: Kate Ford, Alison King, Paula Lane
From Emmerdale: Lucy Pargeter, Zoe Henry, Charlotte Bellamy

Eastenders: Lacey Turner as Stacey Slater - Incredible actress & character with great storylines
Coronation Street: Alison King as Carla Connor - One of my favourite TV actresses, always amazing
Emmerdale: Lucy Pargeter as Chas Dingle - great character & actress

My Nomination - Lacey Turner (was tough between her and Rakhee, as she has had an incredible story recently)

Best British Soap

Nominations: 
Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, Doctors

My Nomination - Eastenders, my easy favourite soap, tackles the best issues in the best ways.

They are the only ones I can vote for at this time, In May, I will reveal the shortlist & vote again and then later on I will tell you the winners of these awards as well as the others decided on the night.

You can cast your votes HERE until tuesday 26th April

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Vote,
And Goodbye.

Mitch x

No comments:

Post a Comment