I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 22 November 2015

Chapter 23: Not All Heroes Wear Capes!

Hi guys,

This week Humanutopia came back to my school to work with the Year 9s and 10s, As a year 12 Hero this meant that I was needed on Tuesday to work with the Year 10s, I may have stayed a bit longer than I had to, Check out my video on Humanutopia here:



What Is Humanutopia?


Humanutopia 'Create and run inspirational life-changing courses for young people and adults in schools and their wider communities'. They help to bring a new look onto life and re-find peoples hidden confidence and happiness. They help to remove people's layers to discover the best version of that person who has changed themselves to 'fit in'.

Me & Carlo
The first time round I was lucky enough to get my days with one of the bosses, Carlo who completely

changed my opinion of the whole thing in a matter of hours, I completed my Hero training with him.
Me, Lauren & Jordan

This time round we were joined by Lauren and Jordan, 2 people who had gone through the humanutopia process at their schools and had gone on to become ambassadors and work for the company. It was great to work with people who had gone through the process as well.


Humanutopia use their own theory known as The Theory Of Change which you can see below.
The Humanutopia Theory of Change

What Is A Hero?


Being a hero is not always about wearing a cape and saving the world from an evil villain, in this case it is very much about saving yourself and others from their inside villains and letting out the best version of you that there is. Humanutopia heroes are those that go through the initial day and decide they want to volunteer to become a 'hero', we then go through some hero training- A month or 2 afterwards, we then carry out our training on younger years in the school.


As I said in the video, Humanutopia is a job that I am now seriously considering as it is something that really is what I stand by and what I believe, and I would just love to spread what I've learnt to anyone possible.

On that note, I think it's time to go.

Until next time
Stay Happy,
Be amazing,
And goodbye.

Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment