I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 7 January 2016

Chapter 35: NTAs Revisited!

Hi guys,

In October, Voting for the National Television Awards opened and I shared with you my votes. Now shortlist voting for The National Television Awards which will be broadcast live from the O2 on the 20th January 2016 have opened.

Today I've decided to vote...and give you snappy 1 line reasons for my choices.

If you wish to vote, please follow this link
http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

Let's get started!

TALENT SHOW

Nominations: Britains Got Talent, The X-Factor, The Voice, Strictly Come Dancing
Original Choice: Strictly Come Dancing
My Choice: Strictly Come Dancing
Why: Sequins, Sparkles, Ainsley Harriott and Bruno Tonioli.

CHALLENGE SHOW

Nominations: MasterChef, The Great British Bake Off, The Apprentice, Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
Original Choice: Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
My Choice: Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
Why: Real challenges for celebrities, exciting to watch.

SERIAL DRAMA

Nominations: Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks
Original Choice: Eastenders
My Choice: Eastenders
Why: Only one I really watch anymore and has quality storylines.

COMEDY

Nominations: Benidorm, Birds Of A Feather, Not Going Out, Peter Kay's Car Share
Original Choice: Benidorm
My Choice: Benidorm
Why: Tough choice, but Benidorm makes me laugh the most.

DRAMA

Nominations: Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Casualty
Original Choice: The Syndicate (Didn't make Shortlist)
My Choice: Doctor Who
Why: It was tough to choose between The Syndicate and Doctor Who before so now that The Syndicate is not an option, it's easily Doctor Who.

NEW DRAMA

Nominations: Humans, Poldark, Ordinary Lies, Doctor Foster
Original Choice: Ordinary Lies
My Choice: Ordinary Lies
Why: Brilliant cast and story, left me wanting more.

FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT

Nominations: DIY SOS: The Big Build, Gogglebox, Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs, Top Gear
Original Choice: Top Gear
My Choice: Top Gear
Why: Think it deserves one last award and will be great to see it prove a point. (Will be happy with Gogglebox)

LIVE MAGAZINE SHOW

Nominations: Loose Women, The One Show, BBC Breakfast, This Morning
Original Choice: This Morning
My Choice: This Morning
Why: Show has awesome content, always the right mix between informative and entertaining.

DRAMA PERFORMANCE

Nominations: Aidan Turner as Ross Poldark in Poldark, Suranne Jones as Gemma Foster in Doctor Foster, David Tennant as DI Alec Hardy in Broadchurch, Sheridan Smith as Jo Gillespie in Black Work
Original Choice: Lenny Henry as Godfrey Watson in The Syndicate (Didn't make Shortlist)
My Choice: David Tennant as DI Alec Hardy in Broadchurch
Why: Havn't seen any of the nominees in these programmes but I know that Tennant is very good.

ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME

This is the category with my favourite shows, really tough one.

Nominations: Celebrity Juice, I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, The Graham Norton Show
Original Choice: Celebrity Big Brother (Didn't make Shortlist)
My Choice: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
Why: Had an incredible lineup this year, should be noted I also love Saturday Night Takeaway & Graham Norton

NEWCOMER

Nominations: Shayne Ward as Aidan Connor in Coronation Street, Parry Glasspool as Harry Thompson in Hollyoaks, Richard Blackwood as Vincent Hubbard in Eastenders, Gemma Atkinson as Carly Hope in Emmerdale
Original Choice: Richard Blackwood as Vincent Hubbard in Eastender
My Choice: Richard Blackwood as Vincent Hubbard in Eastenders
Why: Only one on the list that I've seen in action, and he's pretty good.

SERIAL DRAMA PERFORMANCE

Nominations: Rakhee Thakrar as Shabnam Masood in Eastenders, Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders, Alison King as Carla Connor in Coronation Street, Michael Parr as Ross Barton in Emmerdale
Original Choice: Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders
My Choice: Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders
Why: Quality actor, quality character, quality storylines, quality show. (All the others are incredible too, especially Rakhee)

INTERNATIONAL

Nominations: Game Of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, The Big Bang Theory
Original Choice: The Big Bang Theory
My Choice: The Big Bang Theory
Why: Only one I've seen, really good comedy and cast.

DAYTIME

Nominations: Pointless, The Chase, The Paul O'Grady Show, The Jeremy Kyle Show
Original Choice: The Chase
My Choice: The Chase
Why: Bradley Walsh...End of.

TV PRESENTER

Nominations: Graham Norton, Rylan Clark, Mel & Sue, Ant & Dec
Original Choice: Jack Whitehall (Didn't make Shortlist)
My Choice: Graham Norton
Why: Couldn't decide between Whitehall, Emma Willis and Bradley Walsh last time...none of whom made the shortlist, so went for Graham Norton as can't stand Rylan & Mel (Love Sue)...and I don't want Ant & Dec to win it...Again.

My Shortlist & Final Nominees
My Original Nominees





















So that is my choices, this was a ridiculously long post but I hope it gives you a big insight into what TV I like.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Go Vote...Again,
and see you soon,
Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment