I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 24 January 2016

Chapter 40: Photographs & Jon Snow

Hey Guys,

This week I showed you all the photographs, drawings and artwork that is in my room.
Check it out here:


Back in September, I wrote a blog post about what makes me happy, one of these things was photographs. This is what I wrote:

'For me, photographs don't have to be high quality, they just need to depict a memory vividly enough that when you look at them, you can instantly remember the day it happened in such detail...Just looking around my room, you will see a whole host of photographs that mean something to me, there is also one of Jon Snow from Channel 4 but we won't go into that right now.'

I still believe every word of this and since writing that post, so many photos have been added to my bedroom, but I think now is the time to go into that picture of Jon Snow.


Jon Snow from Channel 4 News
This is that picture. So, why is it here?

Well, Jon Snow, for me, is one of the greatest News Presenters that there is. I'm not a huge watcher of TV News but this man seems to have the gravitas, class, humour, clarity and genuineness to make me understand and believe what he says.

With Channel 4 being a controversial network, this man allows it to be honest and reliable and gives the channel, which I love, a nice rounded edge.


In May 2015 Jon received the prestigious BAFTA Fellowship award, putting him, deservingly, among such greats as Laurence Olivier, David Attenborough, Helen Mirren and Julie Walters as well as many others. Jon Snow also declined a OBE, which to me is crazy, but his reason is justified, He states that 'no journalist should not take honours from those they report on', so although it must have been hard to turn down, I respect his morals.

Anyway, enough of Jon Snow...Have some pictures, all of which are in my room somewhere.


Bowling with The EF Students
     
With Elliott, Alfie and Ida
Me & Nye in Edinburgh
My GCSE Performing Arts Class





Me and My Dad

Summer with Edwin



















With Alex and Kai
on Halloween




Until Next Time,

Stay Happy,
Keep Photographic Memories,
And Goodbye.

Mitch x

No comments:

Post a Comment