I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 20 January 2016

Chapter 39: NTAs Re-Revisited

Hi guys,

In October, Voting for the National Television Awards opened and I shared with you my votes. Two weeks ago shortlist voting opened. Tonight, The Awards happen.

Tonight I've decided to tell you exactly who has won...and if my choices were right.

Let's get started!


Key:  I was Wrong. I was Right.

TALENT SHOW

Nominations: Britains Got Talent, The X-Factor, The Voice, Strictly Come Dancing
My Choice: Strictly Come Dancing
Winner: Strictly Come Dancing-So happy, GO AINSLEY!

CHALLENGE SHOW

Nominations: MasterChef, The Great British Bake Off, The Apprentice, Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
My Choice: Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
Winner: The Great British Bake Off - Very Deserving, just not my cup of tea.

SERIAL DRAMA

Nominations: Eastenders, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks
My Choice: Eastenders
Winner: Eastenders- So deserving, deals with the best issues in the best ways, tackled some incredible stories this year.

COMEDY

Nominations: Benidorm, Birds Of A Feather, Not Going Out, Peter Kay's Car Share
My Choice: Benidorm
Winner: Peter Kay's Car Share-As a fan of Peter Kay, I'm surprised I never watched this, sure it was deserved and will now definitely watch.

DRAMA

Nominations: Downton Abbey, Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Casualty
My Choice: Doctor Who
Winner: Downton Abbey- Kind of knew this would win, but I didn't watch it so couldn't really vote for it.

NEW DRAMA

Nominations: Humans, Poldark, Ordinary Lies, Doctor Foster
My Choice: Ordinary Lies
Winner: Doctor Foster- Again, voted for the only one I'd seen.

FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT

Nominations: DIY SOS: The Big Build, Gogglebox, Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs, Top Gear
My Choice: Top Gear
Winner: Gogglebox-Not Top Gear, but still absolutely delighted.

LIVE MAGAZINE SHOW

Nominations: Loose Women, The One Show, BBC Breakfast, This Morning
My Choice: This Morning
Winner: This Morning-They prove it's possible to mix news and entertainment so it's so deserving.

DRAMA PERFORMANCE

Nominations: Aidan Turner as Ross Poldark in Poldark, Suranne Jones as Gemma Foster in Doctor Foster, David Tennant as DI Alec Hardy in Broadchurch, Sheridan Smith as Jo Gillespie in Black Work
My Choice: David Tennant as DI Alec Hardy in Broadchurch
Winner: Suranne Jones as Gemma Foster in Doctor Foster-Hugely deserving, never seen the show, but incredible actress.

ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME

Nominations: Celebrity Juice, I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, The Graham Norton Show
My Choice: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!
Winner: I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!- This year's was such a good one, So glad it won.

NEWCOMER

Nominations: Shayne Ward as Aidan Connor in Coronation Street, Parry Glasspool as Harry Thompson in Hollyoaks, Richard Blackwood as Vincent Hubbard in Eastenders, Gemma Atkinson as Carly Hope in Emmerdale
My Choice: Richard Blackwood as Vincent Hubbard in Eastenders
Winner:  Shayne Ward as Aidan Connor in Coronation Street-Gutted for Richard

SERIAL DRAMA PERFORMANCE

Nominations: Rakhee Thakrar as Shabnam Masood in Eastenders, Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders, Alison King as Carla Connor in Coronation Street, Michael Parr as Ross Barton in Emmerdale
My Choice: Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders
Winner: Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders, Would have been happy with Rakhee and Alison, but absolutely delighted for Danny.

INTERNATIONAL

Nominations: Game Of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, The Big Bang Theory
My Choice: The Big Bang Theory
Winner: The Big Bang Theory-This is brilliant, the underdog succeeds.

DAYTIME

Nominations: Pointless, The Chase, The Paul O'Grady Show, The Jeremy Kyle Show
My Choice: The Chase
Winner: The Chase-YES YES YEs-Love them all, but this one deserves it most.

TV PRESENTER

Nominations: Graham Norton, Rylan Clark, Mel & Sue, Ant & Dec
My Choice: Graham Norton
Winner: Ant & Dec-Don't know why I didn't vote them to be honest-I do love them.

My Shortlist & Final Nominees

Some Special awards were also given tonight, these are not voted for by the public.

IMPACT AWARD

Aidan Turner from Poldark-Supposed to be an incredible show and obviously had a huge impact on the nation.

SPECIAL RECOGNITION

Billy Connolly
After 50 years, What a legend, how deserving.





So that is the winners. This, again, was a ridiculously long post but I hope it gives you a big insight into what TV the Nation and I like.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Go Watch Peter Kay's Car Share,
and see you soon,

Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment