I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 17 January 2016

Chapter 38: Celebrity Death

Hey Guys,

This week on YouTube I played 'Heroes' by David Bowie to pay tribute to him and Alan Rickman, who both died this week from Cancer, aged just 69.
See that here:


I've always loved David Bowie's music, even if I didn't always realise it was his music and I grew up watching Harry Potter, which of course starred Alan Rickman as Snape, I also loved him in 'Love Actually'

Today I thought I would highlight some people celebrities who have died in the past few years that I was a fairly good fan of. Death is always something hard to come to terms with, but some celebrities seem so close to you, especially if you've grown up watching or listening to them, which makes the time around their death particularly hard for you.

Perhaps the biggest loss for me in the celebrity world in the past few years was Robin Williams, the way he injected comedy and impressions or 'voices' into his work really resonates with the kind of actor I would love to be, this man was a true legend.

Discovering that Richard Attenborough had died in 2014 only really upset me because he was David's brother, until I did some research and discovered that he played Jacob in the film adaptation of Joseph and the amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, which is one of my favourites.

Ben E. King may not sound like a recognisable name at first, but when I tell you he was the guy that sang 'Stand by Me' which is an incredible song, which is extremely catchy. It's a song that I've listened to at different years of my school life, and so lots of memories are linked to this song, and man.

Christopher Lee, of course, is massively known for his horror films. Now, not being a massive horror fan, it didn't surprise me that I wasn't sure who this man was when he died, however, when his face was all over the news I realised that he is Willy Wonka's dad, which is awesome.

Mark Speight
Cilla Black, A true national treasure, singer, broadcaster, actress, the works, she was a true rags to riches story and therefore a true legend.

Now, Mark Speight died in 2008, which is a few years out of the range that I'm talking about, but when this man died, Me and my brother and sister were devastated and this probably still remains as one of the biggest celebrity death shocks for me...If you are unaware of who Mark is, he was the male presenter of SMart. This man was truly amazing and is sorely missed in my household.

Let's hope that Bowie and Rickman are the only ones this year, too many legends for one year.

(To sign a petition to get Bowie on the new £20 notes, Go HERE)


Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Remember a Celebrity,
And Goodbye.

Mitch x

No comments:

Post a Comment