I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 6 December 2015

Chapter 26: Am I To Blame For Duncan's Downfall? & Other TV Departures

Hey guys,

Here's this week's video, check it out and we'll discuss whether I should blame myself for the fate of the contestants.
What are the chances, that in the week that I say who I want to win in these four TV programmes, They are the same people to be voted off?

Well, technically, the chances are quite high...With the shows all coming to an end, there is only a small amount of contestants left which we will look at in depth programme by programme.

First, Strictly Come Dancing, out of the 7 remaining celebrities (at the time), I had identified 4 as my favourite (Kellie, Peter, Georgia & Jay) which is more than half of them therefore warranting them more likely to be in the dance off and subsequently to leave the show. In addition to the number of favourites I have, it's also worth mentioning the quality of the dancers currently left in the competition, Peter by far stands out as one of the least skilled and therefore deserved to leave.

Next, The X-Factor. I, as mentioned in last week's video, always pick one act from each category, out of the remaining 5 acts, I had identified 3 (4th Impact, Ché & Louisa) as my favourites (and a 4th after watching Saturday's show- Lauren), this therefore meant that it was 100% that at least 1 of my favourites would be in the sing off therefore there was a higher chance of one of my 4 leaving than the remaining other (Reggie N' Bollie)-This just shows that I chose good acts from the beginning and at this point of the competition they need to leave no matter how good they are.

Now, The Apprentice was slightly different, with me only backing 2 out of 8 of the candidates (Scott & Joseph) it was less likely for me to lose a favourite however, having one on each team meant that one of them would definitely lose the task and therefore risk being fired, what was unexpected was that my favourite on the losing team (Joseph) was not the one I lost, rather it was my favourite, Scott, on the winning team who left, after resigning in the boardroom.

And Finally, I'm A Celeb, In my video I identified 5 celebrities as my favourites (Vicky, George, Jorgie, Duncan & Chris- after recently swapping with Tony) out of the 10 present at the time, exactly half. Between then and now 3 had left including one of my favourites, Chris (Though I wasn't that fussed, I just found him funny and had no desire for him to win like the other 4) so when it came to Thursdays elimination, I once again favoured 4 out of 7 giving me the more chance of losing a favourite, unfortunately, the one I lost (Duncan) just so happened to be the one I wanted to win the whole show.

What I think is that it was a huge coincidence that when I decided to film last weeks video, those who I mentioned were voted off, fueled by the fact that all the competitions are nearing an end and I like the majority in most of the shows making it more likely for me to lose my favourites therefore I am not to blame for the loss of these contestants but fate, statistics and timing makes it seem this way.

Until next time,
Stay Happy,
Choose A Favourite,
and Goodbye.

Mitch x

No comments:

Post a Comment