I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 20 December 2015

Chapter 30: Why Band Aid Is The Best!

Hey Guys,

So this week, for some reason, I decided to become Band Aid the night before the video was due to go up...I so underestimated how long it would take to edit, it eventually took me 12 times to get the timings right.

You can see it here:




You may even take the time to notice that I even tried to copy the outfits from the original Band Aid video (And yes I know Bono doesn't wear the crazy glasses in the original, but he is known for them so well that I couldn't resist).

Now, let me tell you why this song in particular convinced me to do this video with nowhere near enough time to edit it well, and why I think Band Aid is the best.

'Do They Know It's Christmas Time?' is one of my two favourite Christmas songs, along with 'Fairytale of New York', these are the only 2 Christmas songs that I listen to any time of year (I actually listened to both of these in the airport when going to Edinburgh...in August) and that is why this is the song that I chose to do this week (I chose it over FTONY, because I thought it would look more impressive).

I have always loved Band Aid, in all 3 of it's incarnations however I will always say that the 1984 version will always be the best. I think that what Bob Geldof & Midge Ure did with this song is the most amazing thing in music history.

I hope you enjoyed and appreciated all the hard work that went into the video and I wish you a very merry Christmas.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Listen To Band Aid,
And Goodbye.

Mitch xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment