I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 14 December 2015

Chapter 29: Remembering Those We Have Lost

Hey guys,

5 years ago today I lost a woman who meant an awful lot to me, Christmas 2010 was tarnished with a fair bit of sadness following the event.

This woman was called Lisa, she was my mum's childhood friend. She lived in Croydon and we didn't get to see her often, she was also very ill a lot of the time but she was always smiling and she was awesome to be around.

One of my fondest memories of her was when our family went to 'Chessington World of Adventures' because it was a really fun and ridiculous day. Because Lisa had breathing problems, it meant that we would have to stop every five minutes for a 'pit stop' which as much as it sounds like ti would be a bore and annoying for my younger self, was actually some of the funniest parts of the trip.

I have decided that Christmas should be a celebration of the people we have lost over the years and therefore, I am not as sad as I thought I'd be today, instead, I've used it as an excuse to remember the good times.

My message to you is to remember those you have lost over this festive period and celebrate the person you have lost and don't commiserate the fact you have lost them.

Myself, Lisa & My sister, Lauren


Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Remember those we've lost,
and Goodbye.

Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment