I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 21 October 2015

Chapter 12: On A (Geographical) Journey

Hey guys,

Those of you familiar with My bucket list video and 'I'm not dead yet' post will know that one day I would like to travel the world and visit all 7 continents, however, this is all a bit vague, so today I thought I'd outline a few Countries that I would particularly like to visit. *No particular order*

1) Ireland, somewhere so close to home that I've always been keen to visit, love the culture and people and keen to see if the people live up to the stereotype (which is one I love). 1 thing I have to do in Ireland: Drink a pint of Guinness and have a bowl of Irish Broth.

2) Argentina, always been interested to visit here, but to this day am not particularly sure why exactly. nothing stands out in my mind for a reason to visit here, I just want to. 1 thing I have to do in Argentina: Try and learn the Argentine tango.

3) USA, What a place to be able to visit, feel like a celebrity, warm winters, all those Americanisms from films, truly the place any aspiring actor wants to go. 1 thing I have to do in America: Eat a burger in a greasy diner before visiting Hollywood.

4) Italy, A place in Europe that has always attracted me with its cuisine, stereotypes, cars and weather. It's surely 'the tourists' favourite photograph location, what with the Colosseum, The tower of Pisa, The Vatican and the gondola's on the rivers. 1 thing I have to do in Italy: Eat a cornetto on a gondola with pizza for dinner.

5) China, A place that has always been close to my heart ever since my family has joked about me being from there, absolutely love the cuisine and it's my favourite takeaway, although I doubt it's like that in China, and also home to the great wall, one of the few historic landmarks that I am genuinely interested in seeing up close. 1 thing I have to do in China: Eat a fortune cookie everyday I'm there and eat some genuine Chinese cuisine.

6) Madagascar, A place I've only seen in photos and an animated film (can't remember it's name) but from what I've seen it really is one of the most beautiful places that can exist. I want to look beyond the forest from the film and into the culture of the African island. 1 thing I have to do in Madagascar: Dance, Sing and Find 'the' beach from the film.

7) South Africa, Wanted to go here ever since my dad visited once, the pictures he bought back were truly stunning, would be nice to see the side of Africa that isn't portrayed in the media, the developed side. 1 thing I have to do in South Africa: Climb tabletop mountain.

8) Australia, A country that has always had a place in my heart, a place that means an awful lot to my mum as well, seems like a laid back version of England which cannot be a bad thing, everyone seems friendly and there is a huge use of BBQs, what's not to love. 1 thing I have to do in Australia: Throw a shrimp on the barbie and learn to surf.

9) Brazil, The most colourful and alive place on the planet full of geography, always something to look at and explore whether it be the rainforest, or the slums. 1 thing I have to do in Brazil: Visit the rainforest and experience CARNIVAL!

10) Japan, A cultured place that is also overrun with technology, arguably polar opposites in human geography, but it works for Japan, one day you are look at Bonzai the next you are looking at billboards...What an amazing place geographically too. 1 thing I have to do in Japan: Eat sushi, sing karaoke, learn a martial art.

11) India, A truly remarkable country in terms of culture, cuisine and character, full of people that are proud of there heritage and are more than keen to show it off and share it with others, scents of Indian spice in the air, Tuk Tuks flying around every corner and a sense of community between all. 1 thing I have to do in India: Eat a traditional, home-made curry in a tuktuk.

12) Denmark, I have some links to this country with my cousin being half Danish and it has always struck me as a forgotten about country in Europe, but if it's pastries are anything to go by, then this cycle mad country is a place I need to visit. 1 thing I have to do in Denmark: Relearn how to ride a bike, and use it as my only transport.

13) Sweden, A country I loved, then forgot about, but have recently re-loved thanks to a Swedish exchange student named Ida who I'm now good friends with. This is a place where I will never lose my stereotypes of a meatball-eating, ABBA-listening, moose-petting flatpack enthusiast no metter how many times I'm told it's not true, but maybe visiting Sweden may change this. 1 thing I have to do in Sweden: become a meatball-eating, ABBA-listening, moose-petting flatpack enthusiast

14) The Netherlands, This country is home to some relatives of mine as well as some friends named Edwin and Niels who I met in the summer just gone. Because of the family ties this has always been somewhere I've wanted to visit (I mean, I did as a baby, but that doesn't count, I don't remember any of it). The Dutch all seem so nice and their 'Cafés' sound delightful. 1 thing I have to do in The Netherlands: Go to a café before taking a trip on a canal surrounded by tulips.

15) Canada, Another country that I'm not sure about the reasons for my desired visit, maybe it's the snow maybe it's something completely different, all that is for sure, is that I want to go there. 1 thing I have to do in Canada: See a bear...and run.

That's all for today, Until Tomorrow.
Stay Happy,
Plan somewhere you want to go,
and goodbye.
Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment