I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 11 October 2015

Chapter 8: My First Time

*Promise this is not as bad as the title suggests*

HI GUYS!!

In today's video I did a 'First time tag' thing with a collection of questions that I gathered from a few sources. You can see that here:


Me infront of the huge Edinburgh sign at the airport
As a follow up post I thought I would tell you about the first time I went away from home without my parents. 23rd August 2015, I set off on an adventure to Edinburgh in Scotland.

It started on the Cowes Redjet to Southampton, when I arrived I jumped in a taxi to Southampton Airport...As it was my first time travelling alone, I may have over-compensated with how long it would take, so I was sat in the airport for about 3 hours. The plane journey was short and comfortable so it wasn't a bad start to the trip.

Me and Comedian Josh Widdicombe



When in Edinburgh I did so many different things and experienced so much, I was given a free hotel room for two nights because I was techy for an artist at the Fringe Festival, when we weren't in the room we were camping in a really nice site, I went on (many) trams, visited beautiful parks, went shopping, got a Scottish travel card, ate a battered Twix and Mars Bar, attended an awards ceremony, Watched some awesome shows, met Josh Widdicombe and Hal Cruttenden and I bought a kilt.

Me & Nye dressed up for
the awards ceremony
A battered Twix, not much to
look at, but tastes
phenomenal
Scotland had the most beautiful views every morning and the weather was perfect almost all the time, the people are so friendly and the Scottish accent is not only more welcoming and friendly than I thought, but also ridiculously contagious.

The week seemed to go by so quickly despite the days seeming to last forever, which I think meant that it was the best it could possibly be.

The venue that the show was in was called 'Clouds & Soil' and was a really nice place, the staff were nice as were the other performers and the service and food was incredible.

Me and  comedian Hal Cruttenden
I will definitely be going back when I get the chance, and I recommend The Edinburgh Fringe Festival to anyone thinking of going.


That's all for now,
See you soon,
Stay Happy,
Mitch xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment