I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 10 October 2015

Chapter 7: The NTAs

Hi guys,

Voting for one of my favourite awards shows and TV events has opened, the event in question is The National Television Awards which will be broadcast live from the O2 on the 20th January 2016.

Today I've decided to vote...and give you snappy 1 line reasons for my choices.

If you wish to vote, please follow this link
http://www.nationaltvawards.com/vote

Let's get started!

TALENT SHOW

Nominations: Britains Got Talent, The X-Factor, The Voice, Strictly Come Dancing
My Choice: Strictly Come Dancing
Why: Sequins, Sparkles, Ainsley Harriott and Bruno Tonioli.

CHALLENGE SHOW

Nominations: The Island with Bear Grylls, 10,000 BC, The Great British Sewing Bee, The Naked Choir with Gareth Malone, The Big Painting Challenge, MasterChef, The Great British Bake Off, The Apprentice, Bear Grylls: Mission Survive, Flockstars, The Jump
My Choice: Bear Grylls: Mission Survive
Why: Real challenges for celebrities, exciting to watch.

SERIAL DRAMA

Nominations: Eastenders, Doctors, Home And Away, Neighbours, Coronation Street, Emmerdale, Hollyoaks
My Choice: Eastenders
Why: Only one I really watch anymore and has quality storylines.

COMEDY

Nominations: The Keith Lemon Sketch Show, Benidorm, W1A, Vicious, Still Open All Hours, Citizen Kahn, Raised By Wolves, Newzoids, Birds Of A Feather, Not Going Out, Peter Kay's Car Share, Cradle To Grave
My Choice: Benidorm
Why: Tough choice, but Benidorm makes me laugh the most.

DRAMA

Nominations: This Is England '90, The Fall, Vera, Inspector George Gently, Lewis, Downton Abbey, DCI Banks, Last Tango In Halifax, The Syndicate, Doctor Who, Call The Midwife, Doc Martin, Death In Paradise, New Tricks, Silent Witness, Midsomer Murders, Broadchurch, Suspects, Casualty, Mr. Selfridge
My Choice: The Syndicate
Why: Tough between Syndicate and Doctor Who...but prefer The Syndicate and it's actors.

NEW DRAMA

Nominations: Wolf Hall, Humans, Safe House, The Trials of Jimmy Rose, Black Work, Remember Me, Fortitude, Poldark, Partners in Crime, Jonothan Strange and Mr Norrell, Home Fires, Ordinary Lies, Indian Summers, The Missing, The Casual Vacancy, Doctor Foster, The Great Fire, Arthur & George
My Choice: Ordinary Lies
Why: Brilliant cast and story, left me wanting more.

FACTUAL ENTERTAINMENT

Nominations: DIY SOS: The Big Build, Fake or Fortune, Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away, Long Lost Family, Gogglebox, Storage Hunters UK, Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs, Antiques Roadshow, Top Gear, Life Story, Eat Well for Less?, Countryfile, Big Blue Live, Who Do You Think You Are?, Joanna Lumley's Trans-Siberian Adventure, The Mafia with Trevor McDonald
My Choice: Top Gear
Why: Think it deserves one last award and will be great to see it prove a point

LIVE MAGAZINE SHOW

Nominations: Loose Women, Lorraine, The One Show, Victoria Derbyshire, BBC Breakfast, This Morning, The Wright Stuff, Good Morning Britain, Sunday Brunch
My Choice: This Morning
Why: Show has awesome content, always the right mix between informative and entertaining.

DRAMA PERFORMANCE

Nominations: There's 58 of them...I'm not writing them.
My Choice: Lenny Henry as Godfrey Watson in The Syndicate
Why: Amazing to see a non-comic role from Lenny Henry and Godfrey was a brilliant character

ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAMME

This is the category with my favourite shows, really tough one.

Nominations: Celebrity Juice, I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!, All Star Family Fortunes, Celebrity Big Brother, Now You See It, University Challenge, Big Star's Little Star, Celebrity Mastermind, Keep It in the Family, The Jonathan Ross Show, The John Bishop Show, The Chase: Celebrity Special, Through The Keyhole, Made In Chelsea, Room 101, Have I Got News For You, Sunday Night at the Palladium, Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, Take Me Out, Pointless Celebrities, Off Their Rockers, The Graham Norton Show, Alan Carr: Chatty Man, Surprise Surprise, Ninja Warrior UK, The Cube, The National Lottery: Win Your Wish List, Catchphrase, You're Back in the Room, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Would I Lie to You?
My Choice: Celebrity Big Brother
Why: One of my favourite TV shows and had two amazing lineups this year.

NEWCOMER

Nominations: For the individuals, I won't write nominations.
My Choice: Richard Blackwood as Vincent Hubbard in Eastenders
Why: Only one on the list that I've seen in action, and he's pretty good.

SERIAL DRAMA PERFORMANCE

Nominations: The Best of Serial Dramas
My Choice: Danny Dyer as Mick Carter in Eastenders
Why: Quality actor, quality character, quality storylines, quality show.

INTERNATIONAL

Nominations: House Of Cards, Game Of Thrones, Family Guy, Transparent, Gotham, Arrow, Elementary, The Blacklist, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Flash, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Simpsons, The 100, Zoo, Modern Family, Orange is the New Black, Criminal Minds, Hawaii Five-O, The Walking Dead, Bones, Homeland, The Big Bang Theory
My Choice: The Big Bang Theory
Why: Only one I've seen, really good comedy and cast.

DAYTIME

Nominations: Antiques Road Trip, Bargain Hunt, Pointless, Holiday of My Lifetime with Len Goodman, The Chase, Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is, Coach Trip, Flog It!, Tipping Point, Father Brown, The Housing Enforcers, A Place to Call Home, Fake Britain, The Paul O'Grady Show, Rip Off Britain, Judge Rinder, Council House Crackdown, The Jeremy Kyle Show
My Choice: The Chase
Why: Bradley Walsh...End of.

TV PRESENTER

Nominations: Davina McCall, Bradley Walsh, Tess Daly, Jonathan Ross, Richard Osman, Graham Norton, John Craven, Marvin Humes, Jason Manford, Rochelle Humes, Claudia Winkleman, Jimmy Carr, Rylan Clark, Olly Murs & Caroline Flack, Alan Carr, Mel & Sue, Matt Baker, Nicky Campbell, Fiona Bruce, Emma Willis, Nick Knowles, Gabby Logan, Paddy McGuinness, Shane Richie, John Torode & Gregg Wallace, Stephen Mulhern, Keith Lemon, Alexander Armstrong, Ant & Dec, Vernon Kay, Paul O'Grady, Frank Skinner, Jack Whitehall, Ben Shepherd, Bear Grylls, Philip Schofield, Dermot O'Leary, Holly Willoughby
My Choice: Jack Whitehall
Why: Tough between him, Emma Willis & Bradley Walsh...but There's something about Jack.
My Nominees

So that is my choices, this was a ridiculously long post but I hope it gives you a big insight into what TV I like.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Go Vote,
and see you soon,
Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment