I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Saturday 24 October 2015

Chapter 15: Poetry By Mitch Hamer

Hi Guys,
Thought I'd write a poem today, so here it is:

Poetry


A poem should be easier to write
No set structure or words that are needed
I cannot promise it will be just right
To get this far, my skills, I've exceeded

They say that poems do not have to rhyme
But I have to prefer the ones that do
I do not write poems all of the time
And based on these lines you know that is true

A poem like this should have a meaning
But I don't know what that is meant to be
My knowledge of poetry is lacking
But I know some formats to some degree

You may have noticed this was a sonnet
When it comes to those, I'm really on it

Mitch Hamer


So that was a poem that took me quite a while to write, but it follows the structure and rhyming sequence of a sonnet and is indeed written in iambic pentameter, which really is as far as my poetry knowledge extends.

Until next time,
Stay Happy,
Write a poem,
And goodbye.
Mitch xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment