I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Sunday 18 October 2015

Chapter 9: If I Told You I Had Purpose, Would You Believe Me

Hello you lot,

*If you do not wish to read all this, then please note the 'important' announcement at the end of this post*

A video went up on my YouTube today that I filmed at about 2am earlier this week, In this video I talk about leadership and why it gives me purpose, please watch a tired me talk about that here:
In the video I touch on a few reasons I like to be a leader, why a leader is important, why it gives me purpose, why that makes me happy, what it is that I like to lead and how being a leader can be misinterpreted sometimes.

I believe in having a leader/project manager who can run the task in hand and make sure everyone is doing something that will lead to the task being completed efficiently, I'll dub this as the 'Apprentice Method'. I also believe that everyone should have a say and that all idea, even the shit ones, should be considered, I dub this the 'AA Method' and I also believe that people who do not take the lead, or an active role in the task in hand, also do not have the right to complain about the way things are being run, who they are being run by, or that their ideas are not being used, I'm dubbing this the 'STFU YOU CANT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO HELP Method'. All three of these methods are valid and can, and perhaps should, work together in harmony.

Recently I discovered that there are things that I can lead and plan which gave me a huge rush of felling needed and with-purpose, a feeling that I have been lacking for a few months now, not a feeling that made me feel sad or ignored, just unneeded and unnecessary which perhaps led to me being slightly lacklustre or below average enthusiastically, which if you know me personally, you may well have noticed. (Don't worry if you didn't, it makes no difference to me)

The worst part about having an enthusiastic attitude to leading is that if you do, and someone does not like the way you are leading, it means that things can get very bitter between the team which can lead to a lack of enthusiasm or work being created and therefore slowing down the process of completing the task. I have had experience with being in a team without a leader and feeling the need to have to take control to finish the task, this is one of those times where it was taking badly among the people who did not want to be told what to do, but in this situation, I knew it needed to be done so I carried on regardless.

This is all that I feel is really necessary to mention on this topic, so I shall leave it there.

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Take Leadership of something,
and goodbye xx

P.S.

ANNOUNCMENT

All next week, 19th - 25th October, I will be posting everyday on here, so keep your eyes peeled. x

No comments:

Post a Comment