I'M SHAVING MY HEAD

I'm shaving my head for Comic Relief, click below to donate
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 23 May 2016

Chapter 67: The British Soap Awards Re-Visited

Hey Guys,

So, In April you'll remember that I told you who I voted for in the first round of voting for The British Soap Awards, well the shortlist voting has opened and it's time for me to cast my votes again.

According to the website 'Britain’s soaps are the biggest and boldest shows on TV' which I would have to agree with. Now, my favourite soap is Eastenders and recently that has been the only one that I watch regularly, I occasionally dip into Coronation Street & Emmerdale and I do not watch Hollyoaks & Doctors, therefore, you can presume that my votes will mostly(if not all) go to Eastenders which I think would be deserving as they have had a massive year for story lines & characters...but let's get started.

To make it easier for me to write, and you to read, I will not list all the nominees, but only those from Eastenders. Coronation Street & Emmerdale (unless for some reason I would rather vote for a Hollyoaks/Doctor)

Best Actor

Original Nominations: 
Eastenders: Davood Ghadami as Kush Kazemi - by far the best actor of the 3, has had tough stories.
Coronation Street: Alan Halsall as Tyrone Dobbs - Very good Actor, had some good storylines
Emmerdale: Dominic Brunt as Paddy Kirk - Great character who has recently had some big storylines
My Nomination - Davood Ghadami as Kush Kazemi

(None of my original votes are still nominated, I am left with Danny Miller, Danny Dyer & Jack P. Shepherd)

Final Nomination - Danny Dyer as Mick Carter - Decent geezer with a great character and storylines...After recent events I think Steve McFadden (Phil Mitchell) should definitely win something this year, maybe Special Recognition

Best Actress

Nominations: 
Eastenders: Lacey Turner as Stacey Slater - Incredible actress & character with great storylines
Coronation Street: Alison King as Carla Connor - One of my favourite TV actresses, always amazing
Emmerdale: Lucy Pargeter as Chas Dingle - great character & actress
My Nomination - Lacey Turner (was tough between her and Rakhee, as she has had an incredible story recently)

Lacey, Alison, Lucy and Rakhee are all still up for nomination, which makes this decision extremely difficult.

Final Nomination - Lacey Turner As Stacey Slater - Sticking to my guns as it seems like the right decision although all 4 of those are incredible actresses

Best British Soap


This is the only one where the nominees do not change.

Nominations: 
Eastenders, Emmerdale, Coronation Street, Hollyoaks, Doctors
My Nomination - Eastenders, my easy favourite soap, tackles the best issues in the best ways.

Final Nomination - Eastenders- Of course, Will always be the Enders.

And that is all I can do now, Later on in the month, I will reveal the winners of these awards as well as the others decided on the night.


You can cast your votes HERE until Friday 27th May...So not long left

Until Next Time,
Stay Happy,
Vote,
And Goodbye.

Mitch xx

No comments:

Post a Comment